The Michigan Department of Education is offering a non-seat time State Board Continuing Education Unit (SB-CEU)/State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) pilot for coaches participating with FIRST (First Robotics). Participants must register using the Google form located here.
Each participant must produce a video "report" of:
- what you did with your team
- what you and the team learned from the experience
The video can be as simple as a voice-over PowerPoint, an actual video, Prezi, or other online video tool, telling the community what you and your team accomplished. This video would be your final submission as the "end-product" for work done.
1.5 SB-CEUs (15 SCECHs) for:
- Getting your team to their first FIRST competition
- Creating an Edmodo account or logging onto the site, joining group code yiyzvp, and contributing to 3 discussion threads through the season (pre/build/competition season)
- And either:
- Call in to the weekly FIRST conference calls (7 phone calls, 3 Edmodo discussion threads)
- -or- Contribute to Edmodo for an additional 7 weeks, on top of the three discussion threads already mentioned (10 discussion threads)
- 0.5 SB-CEUs/5 SCECHs for attending a second tournament
- 0.5 SB-CEUs/5 SCECHs for qualifying/attending or volunteering at the State tournament
- 0.5 SB-CEUs/5 SCECHs for qualifying/attending or volunteering at the World championships
Once the offering is complete, the participant database will be uploaded to the Secure Central Registry (SCR). Participants will be automatically notified by email to take the SCR evaluation within one month from the upload date. There is a $2.50 fee for the final processing of the SB-CEU, which is to be paid by the participant.
For questions pertaining to this offering, please contact Ann-Marie Smith, email@example.com.